Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Graduation Blues

Been a bit busy getting things together for portfolio review so I haven't had much time to work on projects. What free time I do have has been going to watching the first season of Batman Beyond that I had bought a few days ago(I love that show).

I ran into a few bumps on the Lighthouse piece, mainly with procedural textures on the dock. I will have to look up some tutorials on wood textures or something because I really don't want to have to go and texture every plank on that dock separately. I had never planned on texturing the dock to begin with so it has lots and lots of pieces and that would just be annoying to have a photoshop file for each. I could save some time by only making a few files and just rotating them around and such, but it would still be a lot of work, and I should really learn procedural textures.

This is an older piece I am going back and revisiting. I want to try and texture him, though he wasn't modeled that well so I am wondering if I should just start from scratch on him.

1 comment: